10.13.2008

Job Posting on CareerBuilder.com

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/10/tuberville_burns_will_start_re.html

So, what Tubs is saying is that Auburn is going to run the spread next year but might NOT HAVE A SINGLE COACH ON STAFF WITH EXPERIENCE IN IT!?!? Really? The requirements listed in that article look like something I might read on http://www.careerbuilder.com/.

If they burn Trotter's redshirt, I'll have a fit. I was against them burning Kodi's last year and I'm against this as well.

I'm behind Tuberville and want him as Auburn's head coach as long as he wants to be but this is insanity (see my post from earlier today).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do think Tubs is done now. I supported him until this year. But this is a fiasco. Maybe he's just getting burned out, or maybe the game is passing him by. I don't know what it is, but I think it's time for him to go.

Anonymous said...

Ok so here is my first post though it probably wont be my last. Pretty good sight man however I disagree. With the amount of freshmen that are playing these days and the fact that if there worth anything you usually only have them for three years..burning a redshirt only allows a young player to get early experience plus this is a new offense. How much can he learn on the sideline while importing a new offense..that is not my problem with CTT right now. It's the cross talk that cooks my grits.

GPH said...

Those are good points and thanks for reading. To me, it puts pressure on the coaches to then play Trotter next year and we could have another crippling QB controversy. Burning Kodi's last year made them feel they HAD to play him this year (now, he was the best QB option this year but this is just an example). If they burn Trotter's redshirt, they better feel confident that Cotton will still sign.