12.29.2008

Auburn Is Prejudiced Against People Without A "Z" In Their Name

As you already know, Gus Malzahn has been hired as Auburn's new offensive coordinator. I love this hire. Before Coach Tuberville was firesigned, I hoped that Malzahn would be the guy brought in as OC. Tulsa ran more than they threw the ball and Malzahn has proven he can win in the SEC and adapt his scheme to the current players, which is something Tony Franklin was unable to do. Malzahn will run with the running backs while Franklin wanted the QB to be the primary ball-carrier.

I will say though that I am surprised by the hire. I guess with Coach Chizik's statements that Auburn would get back to being a smashmouth running football team and with former Pat Dye players popping up as candidates, I never expected this. It looks like Chizik wants to be a run-first team for the 21st century.

And now Auburn gets the guy who started the "Wildnutt" formation trend. Ironic after the post I made the other day. Looks like we'll have to change the name to "Wildgus". Thanks, AUbarnie.

No comments: