12.24.2008

Enough is Enough

Football needs to come up with an official name for the Wildcat formation. I was watching the TCU-Boise State game last night and TCU was running the Wildfrog. Please. I've heard Wildhog, Wildfrog, Wildcat, Wildflash, Wildrebel, and who knows what else. Auburn called it something else but I can't remember what. Miami probably even calls it the Wilddolphin.

It's not like teams that run the wishbone, shotgun, spread or whatever change the name to incorporate the team's nickname into it. Can't we just come up with one name for this phenomenon? I'm going to start calling it the Wildnutt in honor of Houston Nutt since he started this thing and a coach on his staff went to the Dolphins and now it's everywhere.

Wildnutt it is.

4 comments:

Deano "aka" Jimmy Joe Meeker "aka" Fat Elvis said...

Oh come on...I love this! You never know what mascot is going to be running wild next. I find it funny as all get out. I think the wild frog is the best so far!

Anonymous said...

Regardless of what any of you say, Arthur Gustav Malzahn III was the originator of the "Wildhog formation"; therefore it should be known as the "Arthur Gustav Malzahn III formation".

GPH said...

AUbarnie-
How ironic that Malzahn was hired after I posted that? I think we may have to change the name.

Jonesy said...

Tubby called it the War Eagle formation. I called it the Super Mario formation.

When Malzahn runs it, it's going to be with Mario. We know this. I'm leading the charge to call it the Super Mario formation.

Together, we can make this happen