12.19.2008

This Will Get You Fired Up

Eltoro Freeman from Inside the Auburn Tigers

"I committed to Auburn coming out of high school," Freeman tells Inside The Auburn Tigers. "Auburn University stood behind me when I was at a down point in my life (after not qualifying). They have continued to stick behind me.

"I know Auburn is down right now," he adds. "I have decided to stick behind them. A lot of people have talked about Coach Chizik, a lot of Auburn fans maybe didn't want him as a head coach because of his Iowa State record. I believe in Auburn University. I believe they hired the right guy. He was in a situation of rebuilding Iowa State. When I heard Iowa State was giving him a two-year contract it just answered all the questions I had about him. I"m 110 percent behind him."

Freeman is familiar with Chizik from his coaching days at Auburn when he was part of an undefeated season in 2004. The linebacker says Chizik's past tells you all you want to know about what kind of coach he is and what he gets out of his players.

"I already know he was a great defensive coach with Auburn and Texas," Freeman says. "I also know he's coached three (Jim) Thorpe Award winners. I'm here to tell you right now he's getting ready to coach a Butkus Award winner. To all the people that decommitted or don't want to come to Auburn, good. If we can't get ya we'll beat ya. I'm going to Auburn and I can't wait to get down there and help Coach Chiz and the Auburn family get things turned around."

No comments: